Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Fundraiser for Jason!

Welcome, friends! I am very happy today to announce a fundraiser for Jason! But first, I would like to introduce you to a lovely family.



The Tanquarys are a beautiful family with six children. They are in process to adopt their seventh child, a four-year-old little girl from Eastern Europe named Katie. Katie has Down syndrome, as does the family's youngest child. Tosha, the mom, has come up with one of the neatest fundraisers I have ever seen. She hand-makes jewelry using maps from anywhere in the world. You can get a necklace with a map of the region your child is/was adopted from, the region where the child you advocate for resides, or anywhere else in the world that has special meaning to you. You can check out the wide variety of pieces that Tosha has made at their Etsy store. (Tosha also has crocheted items for sale.)



Several weeks ago, I received my necklace, which I ordered in honor of the children at Kalinovka. It is beautiful, made with love, constantly reminds me of the children who have captured my heart, and inspires many questions from people who see it. I have had the chance to talk to many people about Kalinovka, Reece's Rainbow, and the plight of orphaned children in Eastern Europe because of my necklace.


Jason is tied to the crib

Now, how is this related to my fundraiser for Jason? Well, Tosha has generously donated a necklace as a give-away item to benefit sweet Jason! If you win the give-away, Tosha will custom-make a necklace featuring any region of the world for you!

So here's what you need to do: Donate $10 (or more!) to Jason's grant fund. Leave me a comment or send me an email (you can use the contact me button on the right side of my blog) letting me know you donated. I will put your name on the list, and on March 19th, 3 weeks from today, the giveaway winner will be randomly selected. Additionally, a second lucky person will receive a $5 Amazon gift card! And lastly, although Tosha has offered to donate the necklace to help out sweet Jason, I will be covering the cost of the necklace and shipping as a donation to the Tanquary's FSP! Not only can you win a beautiful, unique necklace but also you can help out a family in the process of adopting!



Please watch this video for a better understanding of why it is so vital to get Jason out of the institution. This video was taken last week. Jason is clearly deteriorating. As he has become more mobile, he has been left tied in the crib more frequently. Jason can climb out of his crib, he can move about quickly, and this curious little boy gets into everything. There simply are not enough staff at the institution to look after him properly, so he is confined to the crib, where, out of boredom and frustration, he hits himself. So he is tied down. This sweet child, who turns 10 in April, endures this hellish existence every day. Please join me in increasing his grant fund so that his family can find him!

1 comment:

  1. Just shared about Jason on my blog and linked to you. Poor Jason so desperately needs a family... Thanks for being his voice! http://savinghissparrows.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-agony-of-child.html

    ReplyDelete