Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving at Kalinovka!


The super-amazing Wonder Woman who is known by day as Maya from Maya's Hope has made it to Kalinovka!

She gave the gifts from my daughter and me to my little love, took pictures and video, and reported back to me on how he is doing.

I have to say it made. my. day. Knowing that my boy had a bright spot in his day, knowing that he mattered to someone today, knowing that my gifts brought him some respite from his self-harming, knowing that he received some love and some hugs and that someone noticed him today, knowing that he is relatively healthy ... that's what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. I have a beautiful family. I have a loving and supportive husband. I have a safe and comfortable house. I have a job I enjoy. Of course I am thankful for all of these things, but right now what I am most thankful for is that I have been able to make a difference, regardless of how small, in the life of one forgotten boy who languishes in a crib 5,250 miles away. I am thankful that my sweet boy exists in this world and makes it a better place just by being in it. I am thankful that his world grew bigger today. I am thankful that Maya has allowed me into her family and into her hope for the children of Kalinovka. I am thankful that she has dedicated her life, tirelessly and unselfishly, to the children who need her most. My heart is full today.

Maya's Hope has reached 50% of their goal for the video project fundraiser. There is still time for you to help out! The goal of the fundraiser is $2500, but Maya said today that any funds raised in excess of that amount will go to providing a Thanksgiving dinner to the children who reside in Kalinovka's family-style Happy Home.

Can you spare a little bit so that the children of Kalinovka can enjoy Thanksgiving with a hero who is walking among them right now?

Thanks for stopping by, and may your holiday be filled with blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment