Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Harding

Welcome to Thankful Thursday! First I'd like to remind you to visit my June Fundraiser for Jack! The link to donate has changed but the need is still there! Every dollar helps Jack get to his family sooner!


Today I am thankful that my little boy loves comic books. On my birthday, we drove past a comic book shop, and on impulse I asked to stop there. While my son was picking up his latest issue of Godzilla, King of the Monsters (he loves to watch the old Godzilla movies, too!), I stumbled upon Usagi Yojimbo, the samurai bunny. Anyone who knows me in real life knows about my love for bunnies, so I had to check out Usagi Yojimbo (which translates as Rabbit Bodyguard). I read my first issue and am hooked. I'm signing up for a subscription at my local comics store! So thank you, young son, for introducing your old mom to a brand new hobby! It's never too late!


And now, on to the real star of the show ...




This young man is Harding. Every time I see him, I'm astonished by how much he looks like my nephew. He's such a sweet and happy-looking guy! Those brown eyes! 


Harding is now seven years old and is living with HIV. There is not much information available about Harding, but he lives with several other HIV+ children in an orphanage that is, regrettably, poor and not receiving much outside assistance. Harding is available to large families as well as small and older parents as well as younger ones.


Harding has $71 in his adoption grant. He does not have a Guardian Angel. You can help Harding by donating to his adoption grant, sharing his information, or becoming his Guardian Angel and helping to raise funds/advocate to find a family for him! Please consider whether Harding has a place in your family. That sweet smile and sparkle in his eyes could be yours!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, he does REALLY look like your nephew...he's a cutie! I'm glad he has a foster family now.

    ReplyDelete