Tuesday, June 12, 2012

38 for My 38th

Today is my birthday. I turn 38 today. In honor of my birthday, I am issuing a challenge. I'm challenging my readers to make 38 donations to adoption grants at Reece's Rainbow. To assist you in meeting this challenge, I have linked to 38 boys who need your help. Eighteen of these boys are living with HIV. The other 20 have other medical issues. All are 6 years old or older. None have Guardian Angels. Some have $0 in their grants. All of these boys need families, and having an adoption grant makes it easier for them.


Here's how you can meet my challenge: look at my 38 boys. Click on their names to be taken to their Reece's Rainbow profiles. Decide which boy you want to donate to, and do it. (And if you have your own special child to donate to, who isn't shown here, by all means, donate to that child!) All I'm asking for is $1! If you want to donate more, of course you can! But you can meet my birthday challenge, make my day, and make a difference in the lives of orphaned boys who don't have families to celebrate with for just a buck!


After you make a donation, leave a comment here on this blog. You don't have to tell me how much you donated, only that you did. You don't have to tell me to whom you donated, but it would be cool if you did. 


And if we meet my challenge of 38 donations, one lucky donor will be chosen (at random) to receive a $38 donation to the child of their choice. I know it's not a whole lot; we're not wealthy. But having been through two international adoptions, I know how much every little bit counts!


Please join me in making a difference in the lives of these children who need us more than we could ever possibly imagine!


Thank you for visiting, and thank you for your support of orphaned boys worldwide!



Joel - $5
Beacan - $57.50
Tyson - $50
Bryan - $5
Christian - $21
Vlad - $51

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Daneille! I donated $10 to Vlad for your special day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I donated to Niles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I donated to Nick and Andrew. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! What a great birthday wish.

    I donated to Wesley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I donated $5 to Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Present given. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine is sending a check to RR, so that brings us to 9!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave to Bryan. I sure wish mamas would come for him, Tim, and Gerard. They really get to me. This was a great idea- Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday (from Seth), donated towards Wesley's adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not cheating towards your count of 38 for me to donate, too, right? Seth merely used my account--he wishes you a happy birthday and chose Wesley.

    Hope your 38th was great--Happy Birthday! I made a donation to Niles :)

    ReplyDelete