Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Andrew P.

The purpose of Thankful Thursday is twofold: first, to remind myself how thankful I am to have the opportunity to advocate for the wonderful orphaned boys, and second, to give people the opportunity to share stories about life after adoption with your boys. If you have a story you would like to share about your boy and how he has impacted your family and made you thankful, please let me know!


I'll start! Yesterday I took the children to Half-Price Books. They had a great time picking out a variety of books to spend their allowances on. While I was browsing, the Boy came to me and whispered conspiratorially, "I'm going to spend some of my money on earbuds for Sister!" He made me make sure that Sister was occupied in the cookbooks section while he carefully selected a pair of earbuds to match his sister's iPod, purchased them, and hid them in a bag. The smile on his face stretched from ear to ear, I tell you. Sister was, of course, delighted. So I am thankful for my loving little boy, who made his own sacrifice for the happiness of his sister.




I'm also thankful for this little cutie! I am the Prayer Warrior for Andrew P. He is six years old (turning 7 in July!) and lives in an Eastern European orphanage. Andrew is described as friendly and sociable and wanting to be neat and orderly. He is diligent, patient, and grasps new concepts quickly. Andrew waits because he is a boy and because he has HIV. Andrew would be the perfect addition to any family who wants a son (or another son!) to love and care for. Just look at his smile! Andrew's adoption grant is currently very small. He is in need of people to help raise his grant to at least $50 by July 4th for the Zero the Zeroes campaign, an effort ensure that no children on the Reece's Rainbow site have $0 in their adoption grants. Can you help Andrew?


I'd like to take a moment to add that while I have my own personal religious views, I have a very broad view of religion and prayer. I believe that prayer can be accomplished in a variety of faith languages, or no faith language at all! Every child can benefit just from being remembered and thought of fondly. When I mention prayer on this blog, I am including you if you have the inclination toward positive and loving thoughts for orphans.

No comments:

Post a Comment